Moving ForwardOur tips and recommendations on what to do with your new website!
First things first, we want to help!
For support and website edits, the fastest way to get support and changes to your site are one of the following two ways:
(Here’s a handy printable to have for your records!)
- Email us at [email protected]
This is the email that is monitored by our team for efficient tech requests. When emailing to this address, you can expect your changes to be made within 24 hours or less.
When sending your email, be sure to include the following:
- The name of your clinic in the SUBJECT LINE
- Your website address
- Change requested and when you’d like change to occur
- Any needed links, photos and text.
**The more information you provide us, the more quickly
we’ll be able to complete your request.**
Our support team is available 8 am CST – 5 pm CST, Monday – Friday. However, don’t be surprised to have requests taken care of in the evenings or on weekends. Our team strives very hard to provide exceptional support, but evening/weekend support is not guaranteed.
OR if you prefer using “Basecamp”
2. Log in to your Basecamp Account.
Login link: https://launchpad.37signals.com/signin
1) SPREAD THE WORD
When your website goes live, the most important thing to do initially is drive traffic to it. This will help google index it faster and start improving your SEO rankings immediately. Here are some ways to consider getting the word out:
- Email Newsletter – if you have a newsletter or email list, be sure to let them know that the new site has launched and even more importantly, how it can help their business or add value to them. Whatever your software, we can help you craft a message for this.
- Social Media – use your network of Facebook friends, family or coworkers to get the word out. You’ll be surprised how far one post can go when it’s shared and liked. Also, if you’re active on Linkedin, Instagram or other socials, share away!! Need help with this? Just ask Sandra or Devan to create a custom post for you to announce your new site! (ps. there is no extra fee for this!)
- Word of Mouth – word of mouth is still the most powerful referral. If you’re as excited as we are when your site launches, tell those around you! Get their opinion and see what they think about your new online presence. That’s valuable feedback that may come in handy when considering changes and additions to the site moving forward.
2) Ask for Reviews
Online reviews are more important than ever. For businesses being googled and found online, a user will look at reviews almost immediately. There are many different ways and platforms on ways to get reviews, but here are some we recommend:
- Google Reviews – this is highly recommended as google reviews are generally what will pop up when somebody finds your site with an internet search. You can either have your customers google your business, then leave a review OR you can use this site to generate a direct link: https://supple.com.au/tools/google-review-link-generator. It’s super handy 😉
- Facebook Reviews – FB reviews are also great and are now a more reputable spot for customer reviews. Don’t be afraid to ask for your customers to leave a review on your Facebook page and have them share it. Or get their permission for you to share it.
- Testimonials for Website – after your website is live, we recommend gathering as many testimonials as possible to post on the website. Even if you don’t currently have any on the site, if you can gather 5-10 good, personalized reviews (usually gathered via email or off of google or Facebook) we can add these to testimonials page to keep it fresh. Users will often look for reviews ON the site as well as on other outlets before making a purchase, calling or emailing. We recommend putting the best one’s on the site 🙂
3) Keep Things Fresh & Updated
After your website has been live for a while, we recommend doing some things to keep it fresh. Particularly if you have a site with repeat or recurring visitors. Here are some suggestions:
- Change Out Images – we recommend changing out or updating images 1-3 times a year. If your website has a main image right when you open the front page, it’s important to keep that fresh and new. For the user, it looks like you’re taking the time to update your site and therefore making it more valuable for them.
- Colors/Layout – if your site has been sitting for more than a year or so, it’s strongly recommended that you do something to spice it up. Whether it’s making some cosmetic changes to the action colors or menu bar, or even just adjusting or adding some new graphics/images. Keeping your site fresh is a GREAT way to keep people coming back.
- Keep Things Updated – if information, staff, hours or services change for your business, be sure to change the website, too! There’s nothing worse than having wrong information on a website, or having a staff member’s picture on the page who doesn’t work there anymore. Keep your website updated and streamlined.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out – wondering about ways to change your site, give it a new look or just give it a facelift? Schedule a consult with us where we’ll review your site, data and what’s working and what might need to be changed.
4) Build Site Content
A website is viewed by google as being “alive” or “dead.” An “alive” site is driving traffic, getting new and existing users, being updated, posting new blogs and content. If your site is “dead” – i.e., not being managed, updated or taken care of – it can impact your SEO ranking dramatically. Here’s some options on how to build your website content:
- Blog – blogging sounds a bit overrated and useless to a lot of people but the facts are the facts – websites with blogs generally drive 30-40% more traffic to their sites than their competitors. Google will often pick up blog posts before picking up major website pages. If you can contribute good, lasting content that is well thought out and valuable to your customers, you will drive more traffic. Don’t be afraid to use social media and use your network to get the word out. It’s worth having someone maintain a solid website blog to drive your traffic and grow your online presence.
- New Pages – it’s generally good practice to not only update your images and graphics, but also your content! If you have more services to add to your site, do it! Google LOVES seeing that a site is being built onto. You can also repeat the steps above by reposting your site to your social media outlets and saying that you have updated images, content, new blog post, etc.
- Updated Content – if things in your industry change or your services change, be sure to update your site accordingly. Even adjusting content by a few words can show google that your site is being worked on and is again…”alive!”
We don’t just offer website services at Saris Media! In addition to these services we offer:
- Social Media Content
- Social Media Management
- Reputation Management
- Blog Writing
- Citation Listing
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook/Google Retargeting Strategies
- Full, virtual office services – ie. on demand website management, blog writing, marketing, reputation management, brochure/flyer creation, graphic design – you name it!
To inquire about these services, please reach out to [email protected]
LASTLY, TELL US HOW WE DID.
If you had an awesome experience, we’d love to hear about it. If there are things we could improve, we want to hear that, too.